Health and Wellbeing
On this page we report on what is happening in the NHS both locally and Nationally where it will impact us locally in the future. We will try to bring you information to help you keep well and maintain an active life.
Need NHS help in a hurry?
Follow the following link to see the full text of the item below.
Solent View Statistical Data
Many patients have been having difficulty getting appointments since the start of the Coronavirus Pandemic, but the following data shows that the practice has been extremely busy treating patients using different methods from the more usual face to face appointments.
7 ways you can help the NHS this winter
1) Always follow national Covid-19 advice
2) Don't store up health concerns - contact your GP surgery by phone or online for advice.
3) Get your flu jab and be ready to respond when we contact you about a Covid-19 vaccination.
4) Make time for exercise to help your mental health.
5) Keep some common medicines at home - just in case. Pharmacies can give you advice.
7) For urgent help, but not a life-threatening emergency, contact 111 First (111.nhs.uk)
6) Minor injuries don't need the Emergency Department. Use :
The Minor Injuries Unit at Gosport War Memorial or
St.Mary's Urgent Treatment Centre (Portsmouth).
A form of exercise
Walking is simple, free and one of the easiest ways to get more active, lose weight and become healthier.
Walking briskly can help you build stamina, burn excess calories and make your heart healthier.
You do not have to walk for hours. A brisk 10-minute daily walk has lots of health benefits and counts towards the recommended 150 minutes of exercise per week.