New Discretionary Hardship Fund being released soon
We would like to give some forward information regarding this fund that's going to be administered by Gosport Borough Council.
Test and Trace £500 Self Isolation payment and Discretionary Hardship Fund.
Test and Trace Support Payment,
The government has announced a £500 Test and Trace Support payment for people in England claiming qualifying benefits or working tax credit who are required to self-isolate to avoid coronavirus transmission.
The payment scheme will be set up and administered by local authorities and is expected to be in place by 12 October 2020. Those who start to self-isolate from 28 September 2020 but before the scheme has been set up will be able to receive backdated payments.
You will be eligible if you live in England and meet all the following criteria –
• you have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace
• you are employed or self-employed
• you cannot work from home and will lose income as a result
• you are claiming at least one of the following benefits: universal credit, working tax credit, income- related employment and support allowance, income-based jobseeker’s allowance, income support, pension credit or housing benefit.'
This fund will be available to make payments to people who are on the ‘edges’ of the benefits criteria but maybe don’t qualify for the £500 payment because for example they have no recourse to public funds or just miss out on benefits for other reasons.
Council will be able to make a £500 lump sum payment in exceptional circumstances. They must meet the main qualifying criteria but may not be receiving benefits
• Payment will be taxable but not subject to NI contributions
• Scheme will run to 31 January 2021
• DHSC are going to send further guidance relating to the arrangements that Local Authorities need to put in place. At present there is only minimal information.
• A claim can be made for each period of self-isolation required but not overlapping periods.
FURTHER INFORMATION AND DETAILS are to follow together with a policy including simple criteria for successful applications will be included.